Monday, April 10, 2006

Biting people in rugby is forgivable? What nonsense.

Really, Sunday Times never fails to provide me with something to trash about.

Amusing stuff too. :D

Recently, there's this ACS boy who got suspended from playing competition rugby for 2 years because he bit an opponent.

And today, the Sunday Times actually reported that there are people who feel that 2 years is too tough.

...

First of all, rugby IS a contact sport. I've played it before. Got myself all drenched in mud in school, bruises on my legs after being tackled a fair few times. I know the battle conditions out there, bullets flying over your head, as you desperately hold your helmet while your backs is on a trench, thinking "WTF am I doing here?".

So yes, rugby is a contact sport.

However, biting people? >_>

First of all, if you have to use such underhanded tactics to win, you're a loser. If you have to use underhanded tactics which causes bodily harm to your opponent, you are a total moronic loser. Winning is NOT everything sometimes. There's no need to use steriods, dive, whatever. However, once you actually inflict bodily harm, on purpose, you've crossed another line.

What surprised me is that the few people who is on the "give him a chance" side used excuses like "He's young" and "he's remorsful". Of course he's remorseful. What else is he supposed to "feel"? Happy? The situation has already black listed his school, and if he said "I feel no regrets whatsoever biting that guy", something is wrong with him. Also, it's precisely the fact that he's young, that 2 years was slapped on him (note: 3 years is the max. I'll put ban for life actually). If the rubgy union reduces the charge, just what is the signal they are sending? >_> Biting is ok, if you are young enough? Because you are "immature", you may bite? What if this traits carry on? Do we want to see players biting each other in a Rugby world cup?

Seriously. People really need to learn how to pick sides.

---

When I'm alone, I'm very happy.
Because all I need to think about, is myself.
However, when another person gets involved,
One must consider about the other party as well.
Although there will be misunderstandings,
Leading to quarrels and fights.
However, as long as you have spirit to ache for the other party...
No matter who you have kissed,
Nor does it matter who you love.
The only thing that won't change will be my feelings for you!!

-- Kuga Natsuki




That phrase popped up in book 4 when I reread the Mai-HiME manga for..uh..4th time.

God, I love that manga.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home